In recent times where there’s an increased need to visit unexplored landmarks with family and friends, cheaper, quicker and safer ways have been sort after. While there’s the option of traveling with a personal vehicle, not everyone owns one or has the right vehicle for some specific locations (e.g. SUVs for rough terrains). So far, the most practical and cost-effective way that is continually gaining popularity is car rental.
The car rental industry is helping people all over the world explore their dream destinations in the most comfortable, cheap and convenient way, and the car of their choice. Based on the outcome from research carried out by Zion Market Research, “the car rental market is estimated to hit $125.6B market by 2020 with CAGR of about 13.55% between 2017 and 2022.”
Based on these stats that have been on the rise, more and more people have been looking to utilize the opportunity effectively by starting their own rental business. However, beyond the general startup-procedure, there is an important need to learn about the system or software that will be integrated into the business to keep it running smoothly. This is the car rental software.
This blog post seeks to shed light on everything you need to know about car rental software, or car rental management software, and how they can help you stay ahead of the competition.
If you don’t know what is a Dispatch Software, and How Does it Help the Transport Company? Click here
What is Car Rental Software?
A car rental software or application is a program designed to provide useful features to simplify and facilitate the entire process of booking a car (from the customer’s standpoint,), and running the car rental business seamlessly – from the rental service provider’s standpoint. This software offers a lot of benefits to most, if not all aspects of the vehicle rental business. From simplifying tasks for your operators to making booking or reservations from your website for customers very easy, it makes a huge difference.
Benefits of integrating a Car Rental Software
The main aim of any business is to satisfy customers and maximize profit, and the same applies to the car rental business. However, profit maximization is tied to customer satisfaction, so, making your customers happy is good business.
If customers would not have to spend too much time while deciding which car to go with, making excessive calls in the bid to make reservations, or experience difficulty accessing other services you provide, they are sure to be happy. Businesses can achieve all these with car rental software.
This said, here are some benefits of integrating a car rental software sometimes called car rental management software:
- Ease of use: Good car rental software usually has a very friendly user interface and user experience design. This characteristic, coupled with its compatibility with all types of smartphones and mobile devices makes it appealing and keeps the users coming back.
- Increased growth in revenue: Due to the many great features that simplify most of the processes involved in car rental, as well as an online presence that the world is leaning towards, new customers can be gotten each day. However, this growth (an increased ratio of returning customers) is dependent on the quality of the software. This is why the importance of choosing a professional and trustworthy car rental development team can not be overemphasized.
- Customer support: setting up your website is a very important part of the car rental booking process. Car rental booking software with good customer support saves both the customer and rental service provider time, money and energy. It simplifies customer satisfaction.
- Reliability: With this software, only authenticated users are granted access to utilize the services provided, and the payment gateway is secure. This way, data, as well as all transactions become completely safe. High-level encryption card digits store the payment methods of each customer, you can retrieve very quickly when needed. This way every customer’s details stay secure.
- Routine management: Operating a car rental business involves handing a good number of task that becomes routine. Example, data management, vehicle management, sales management, billing and invoicing, etc. While you can handle manually these tasks, tailor-made features in the car rental app can take care of them faster, and more accurately thus, giving room for time to be spent on other pressing aspects.
- Fosters transparency: car rental software has a feature that automatically handles the calculation of certain parameters such as taxes, toll fees, waiting for charges, as well as many other charges that are generally time-consuming. Both customer and ride owners can access the results from these calculations (example rental rate or estimated cost of a complete ride). This sort of arrangement fosters transparency and boosts trust between both parties. `
- Vehicle tracking: good rental software enables tracking the real-time location of all the vehicles on the move at any point in time (vehicle tracking). This feature makes the recording of vehicle details as well as movements possible for overall audibility and maximum security. It also enables the real-time tracking of damages and maintenance so that at any point in time, you can tell the location, condition, and status of vehicles in your fleet.
Car rental software. Car rental business
Necessary features that will scale your Car Rental Business
In as much as there are lots of follow-come features integrated into a wide variety of car rental software. And there are some which are a must-have. Before going ahead to decide which vendor to go with, it is important to check and confirm that the software has some very important features, Some of these features include:
- Push notifications for updates in real-time for customers;
- ETA – estimated time of arrival for the ride;
- Cars availability based on proximity;
- GPS location tracking;
- One-time user registration and authentication;
- Secure payment methods integration;
- Push-button for emergencies (SOS button);
- Driver-passenger communication;
- Location mapping;
- The feedback system for customer reviewing and rating.;
- Driver details.
While these are really important features for the rental business, as businesses vary from each other, so does the required features for the software vary. In this light, the best way to go if you’re looking to keep your customers happy while maxing out profit-wise is to have the app tailored by a professional software development team to meet your business-specific needs.
Why car rental business is successful with the car rental software?
In the world today, where customers are ever searching for convenience and comfort, one sure and a hurdle-free way to business success, it comes to the car rental business, one effective way of creating this satisfaction is utilizing the car rental management software as already have been established.
This software has eliminated the burden of car ownership cost (insurance, repair, and maintenance), a well as a need for customers to make personal visits to travel or ride agencies to place a booking. As a result, it continually attracts and retains customers, and ultimately improve business growth.
Furthermore, the rise in tourism in different regions has increased the need for car rental services to make better provisions to keep customers happy and comfortable while enabling them to reach their destinations. This demand translates to the need for more management effort in the areas of documentation work, real-time tracking, reservations, determining the status of each car between consecutive bookings and a lot of other daunting tasks.
However, because the car rental booking software has all that is required to carter for these needs easily and seamlessly, it makes the car rental business successful (if a good choice is made).
Car rental business should need the car rental software
Insights into Car Rental Software: the New Era Revolution
As the prospect revolving around the movement from one place to another is increasing year by year, there is a corresponding increase in the need to upgrade services. However, this expansion in the bid to grow will require that more man-power, as well as will need more resources and time to manage the accompanying development.
With this expansion, being able to deliver an efficient, high-performance, end-to-end car rental booking software for the customers, that ill be easy to use, will improve scalability. That is, it will induce maximum growth and ultimately increase profits.
It is common knowledge that the number of people renting vehicles for trips continues to be on the rise. Even though their individual needs may vary, the need for the service remains. Making the customers happy by simplifying the reservation making process is one important factor that makes the rental business attractive.
The car rental software is the key to achieving this, as it is designed to save data securely as well as handle documentation and management of lots of other processes needed to make the entire process seamless. Futuristic and fast-thinking car rental service providers have identified the many great benefits that the car rental software has to offer and are already tapping into it. Without an atom of doubt, car rental software is the brain behind the revolution of transportation in this new era.
Join the fast-moving train, and catapult your business to new heights.