Over the years, e-commerce has evolved and incorporated new trends. More recently, on-demand grocery apps became more prevalent and are the current trend in the world of e-commerce because they provide great services like Uber grocery delivery. However, only a tiny percentage of this grocery delivery app has been able to retain customer interest and continued use. The reason behind this low use rate simply lies in the inability of entrepreneurs and app developers alike to keep these apps at an optimum level.
It is simply not enough to create a grocery delivery app for shoppers. Entrepreneurs must also ask themselves a pertinent question: Is my app standard? Subsequently, this question has led to a series of further questions about the conditions necessary to make a quality grocery delivery app. This blog post seeks to provide helpful answers to these questions.
What Makes a Grocery Delivery App Perfect?
In addition to software development, a delivery app for groceries must have several qualities to attract customer interest and ratings. Want to develop your grocery delivery app and adequately satisfy users? Here are some qualities your app must possess:
- A user-friendly interface: To capture customer’s interest, the grocery delivery app must be user-friendly and easy to navigate. A complicated interface or design would only frustrate users and prevent them from utilizing the app. Thus, in developing a grocery delivery app, entrepreneurs must strive to ensure that the app is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- Mobile use: The perfect delivery app is suitable for use on both mobile devices and personal computers. Hence, when building a delivery app, developers must make provisions for mobile use. The app should equally be suitable for both Android and iOS users.
Why Should Your Grocery Delivery App be User-friendly?
Grocery Delivery App has to be User-friendly
When it comes down to software and app development, user-friendliness is usually the main goal. This is because users are more likely to visit websites with simpler interfaces and designs. Still uncertain as to the importance of a user-friendly interface? Here’s why you should make user-friendliness your priority when developing your grocery delivery app:
- User retention: Do you want users to use your app continuously as opposed to deleting it after the first use? Then, you should focus on user-friendliness. As stated earlier, shoppers are more likely to stay on your app for long when it has a simple interface. Apps that are difficult to navigate end up being tossed in the recycle bin.
- Creating a new experience for shoppers: Most shoppers are already used to brick and mortar stores or delivery apps that are difficult to understand. However, with a user-friendly app, you get to create a completely new experience for them. Subsequently, your app would get more ratings and increased visitors.
Key Features of On-demand Grocery Delivery App
Every on-demand grocery delivery app has certain features and functionalities which makes it easier for shoppers and grocery store owners alike to navigate. To build a successful user-friendly delivery app, you will need to incorporate certain important features and options such as:
- Social authentication: This includes options for potential shoppers to either sign up to the app or log in to their already existing profiles. This is one of the most important features because it makes provision for customers to use the app and be a part of the shopping activity;
- Search filters (smart search): This is a feature or search bar for shoppers to input keywords and find nearby grocery stores or products. Not all shoppers have the time or patience to scroll through the entire app in search of an item or store. The search filter makes it more convenient and easy for shoppers to find what they are looking for;
- Online/order menu: This feature includes menus and a list of items that shoppers can select from. It is a list of available grocery items which shoppers can either buy or add to their carts;
- Add to the cart: It is important to note that not all shoppers would like to pay immediately after selecting the desired items. However, this feature gives them the option of selecting grocery items and saving the information until they are ready to make payment. Once they do so, the items will be delivered to them immediately;
- Authentic payment options: Every on-demand grocery delivery app needs to have a variety of authentic payment options. This feature will enable shoppers to select a mode of payment convenient for them. These payment options should be authentic and seamless for the shoppers. It could include credit card payments or cash payments;
- Customer’s location: The rationale behind this feature is to make it easy for the app to identify a customer’s location. Here, the shoppers will input their current location or their preferred delivery location. Alternatively, the app can have GPS services to pinpoint shoppers’ precise locations;
- Contact delivery person: Regardless of the type of delivery app in question, there ought to be constant communication with the delivery agent. Shoppers will like to monitor their package and gauge how soon it will be delivered to them. Thus, there is a pertinent need for a feature which customers and store owners can use to stay in touch with the delivery man or agent;
Key Features of On-demand Grocery Delivery App
- Order tracking: This feature helps shoppers to track their orders and decipher the exact time of delivery. Shoppers will want to monitor or track their packages. Hence, this feature is quite pertinent;
- Cancel the order: This feature allows shoppers to cancel erroneous orders. Shoppers may change their minds about certain orders or may discover an error in their order. Hence, this feature is necessary to allow shoppers to alter or cancel their orders;
- Special deals, offers, and discounts: It is quite important to reward customers or give them an incentive to keep using your app. Thus, your delivery needs to have a feature where shoppers can view discounts or offers on their favorite products. You could also introduce contests for shoppers where they can win or get discounts on their favorite products;
- Rate services: This feature is mainly for customer feedback. Here, shoppers can give a rating of the app. This would give the entrepreneur an insight into how satisfied or dissatisfied customers are with the services rendered;
- Write a review: Just like the rating feature, this feature is targeted at getting customer feedback. However, it is more specific and precise. Here, customers can give a detailed explanation and review of the app and the services which they received. This feature gives shoppers an avenue to vent and express their satisfaction or dissatisfaction. They may also offer suggestions regarding new features or how the app could be upgraded. With this feature, entrepreneurs can stay attuned with the needs she opinions of customers.
- Support and help: The support and help feature is very important, especially in cases of app malfunctions. Users may be having trouble signing into their profiles or placing orders. In cases like this, they can utilize the support and help feature to resolve the malfunction.
Should Your Grocery Delivery App Have Separate Panels?
Generally, grocery delivery apps ought to have separate panels to enable smooth functionality and transactions. When developing this kind of app, it should be divided into four sections namely:
- The customer panel/app: This section is strictly for customers or shoppers. Here, they can peruse the online menu, place orders and interact with the delivery agent. The customer panel has certain features such as:
- Registration (Sign up/ sign in)
- Online menu
- Search bar
- Order tracking
- Payment options
- Discounts and offers
- Cancel order
- Ratings and feedback
- Contact delivery boy
These features will enable the shopper to use the app, place orders and make transactions seamlessly.
- Administrator panel: This panel/ section is dedicated to the app owner or entrepreneur. It is used to monitor transactions and make necessary changes to the application settings. This panel does not have many features. However, the few features found in this panel include:
- Store pickup
- Logistics integration
- Help and Support
- Store locator
2. Store manager panel: This panel is solely for grocery store owners whose stores are listed on the delivery app. It helps them to update their menus, track customers and offer discounts or promos. Some necessary features of the store manager panel include:
- Manage stores
- Manage customers
- Feedback management
- Manage listings
- Manage discounts and offers
3. Delivery boy panel: The Delivery boy panel exists to help the delivery agency carry out its duties seamlessly. It is solely for delivery men or agents listed under the app. Some of the features found under this panel are:
- Check orders
- Profile settings
- Location search
- Update delivery status
- Live tracking path
It is highly advisable that entrepreneurs and developers create separate sections for users, to accommodate their different functions. This would help to greatly improve functionality and create seamless transactions.
Developing a grocery delivery app involves a lot more than just creating an app for shoppers. There are certain intricate details and designs that developers and entrepreneurs have to pay attention to. Thus, certain key features must be incorporated to ensure customer satisfaction and seamless transactions.
Above all, special attention must be paid to user-friendliness as this is the key deciding factor in user retention.