Today, grocery retailers all over the world are experiencing major competition arising from the increase in grocery stores. Statistics show that by 2020, the grocery industry will experience even stiffer competition. Thus, there is no better time than now for grocery retailers to stay on top of the game by enhancing the shopping experience for customers.
With the huge number of large scale and small scale grocery stores splattered across the globe, it could be difficult to create a grocery store that can stay on top of the competition.
However, with the right tools and market strategy, you can create a competitive grocery store in no time at all.
Building a competitive grocery store involves strategic planning and marketing skills. Thus, it is essential to carry out market research prior to the creation of any grocery store. Let’s take a look at the current situation in the grocery retail industry and why it is important to adequately carry out market research.
Grocery Store Market Research
Within the past few years, a lot has changed in the grocery retail industry. Trends and consumer demands have evolved, thereby creating a complicated web and marketing channel. Grocery stores are going digital to adapt to the digitalized age and make the shopping experience more convenient for customers.
In the same vein, several grocery stores are focusing on reduced prices in order to match consumers’ demands and equally stay on top of the competition. Stores are expanding by the minute, thereby creating a frenzy of grocery retailers trying to outdo their competitors in terms of customer experience and value.
In essence, it is safe to predict that by 2020, the competition will be even stiffer and more frenzied. Thus, grocery retailers need to scrutinize and carry out market research on the grocery retail industry before building their store.
Why You Need a Grocery Store Market Research
The importance of carrying out a grocery store market research can not be overemphasized. Market research will help retailers to carefully study the industry and take note of pertinent trends that can be applied. This would help in building a grocery store that will not only outshine the others but equally set a new trend in the industry.
Jumping into the grocery retail industry without adequate market research will only lead to the creation of a store that will fizzle out within a few months.
Building a Competitive Grocery Store in 2020
Experts have predicted that by 2020, more emphasis would be placed on digitalized modes of shopping and enhanced the shopping experience. In order to build a grocery store that can stay on top of the competitive trends in 2020, there are certain essential elements that need to be incorporated. These include:
Finding the Best Location
Best Location is the Plus for the Grocery store
When it comes to building a brick and mortar grocery store, choosing the right location is very essential. The process of picking out the best location for your store is categorized into three main stages:
- Selecting a city: It is important to select a city of your choice where your grocery store will be located. When choosing a city, it is equally important to consider the size of the population and common trends prevalent amongst the population. In the same vein, adequate research should be carried out on the size and quality of the competition within the city.
- Choosing an area within the city: Once you have selected a trade-friendly city, the next step will be to pick out a suitable area within the city for your grocery store. During this phase, the appearance of the area and access routes must be taken into consideration. Is the area secluded? What are the demographics of potential customers within the area? These questions must be answered satisfactorily before making a final decision.
- Picking out a site: This is the final stage in the process of selecting the best location for your grocery store. When picking out a site, one must consider the cost of the site in alignment with the set budget and its proximity to competitors. Other secondary factors such as adequacy of parking spaces and traffic flow should also be considered.
Choosing the best location for your grocery store is an important step to take towards ensuring a swift return on investment (ROI).
Marketing (Advertising for Your Store)
Marketing has always been the lifeblood of every business regardless of the industry in question. Thus, to effectively rake in sales and increase customer loyalty, grocery store owners must employ certain marketing and promotional strategies. Some effective ways through which retailers can market their stores and boost sales include:
- Taking advantage of social media channels: In today’s world, more than 60% of grocery shoppers are online. Thus, social media platforms should be utilized in order to catch the attention of shoppers and potential customers. Grocery stores should have active social media pages where they can advertise their services and interact with consumers. Social media platforms could also give retailers insight into the current trends and demands of consumers.
- Creating branded shopping bags: The world is gradually delving into eco-friendliness and as such, shoppers are more open to the idea of recycling. Retailers could create branded reusable shopping bags for shoppers. Thus, when shoppers use the branded bags for other purposes, a subtle form of advertisement and brand promotion is created.
- Loyalty programs: Customer retention is becoming increasingly difficult by the day. Thus, it is important to devise new means of retaining customers and gaining their unwavering loyalty. This can be done by creating special packages or offers for regular shoppers or customers. This could include coupons or special discounts and offers for regular customers.
- Delivery: Only a tiny fraction of grocery stores offer delivery to shoppers. However, retailers can seize this opportunity to offer delivery services to shoppers and regular customers. This will help to boost customer retention and equally serve as a promotional strategy to rake in new customers.
Increase Customer Experience
Focusing on customer experience is a good way of ensuring that rakes in more sales. Increasing customer experience involves employing a tactical approach.
Regardless of the type of grocery store in question, special attention should be paid to enhancing the customers’ experience.
For brick and mortar grocery stores, customer experience can be enhanced by providing special offers and discounts for shoppers. In the same vein, increasing the speed and quality of service is an effective way to enhance the customers’ experience. Shoppers are more likely to revisit grocery stores that offer swift and efficient services. Customer experience can also be enhanced by ensuring that shoppers have little to no difficulties when shopping. Attendants should be present on every aisle to aid shoppers who may be experiencing difficulties in picking out items.
For grocery delivery apps, customer experience can be enhanced by focusing on user-friendliness Statistics have shown that shoppers are more likely to use apps that have simple and friendly interfaces. Thus, special attention should be paid to making the app as user-friendly as possible.
In the same vein, efforts should be made to provide seamless payment options for shoppers and equally create swift delivery channels.
Grocery delivery app help Grocery store increase the competition
Grocery Delivery App – The Best Way to Help You Stay on Top of the Game
Ready to build your own grocery store that will be able to survive the teeming competition? Here are a few tips that will help you to stay on top of the game :
- Grocery delivery app development: In today’s world, shoppers are constantly searching for swifter and more convenient means of shopping. Thus, creating an on-demand grocery delivery app can help retailers to stay on top of the competition and drive sales.
- Careful inventory management: Gross mismanagement of stock has always been the bane of businesses in different industries. Taking careful inventory of the stock would help to prevent waste and ensure swifter return on investment.
- Special offers and promotions: Providing special offers and discounts for shoppers, that way can retain customer loyalty and subsequently. With more customers and increased customer loyalty, grocery stores can expand and rake in more profit per annum.
An On-demand Grocery Delivery App
Today, consumers are leaning towards a digital and more convenient shopping experience. This demand has led to the creation and development of an on-demand grocery delivery app. An on-demand grocery delivery app ensures that consumers can order groceries and get them delivered in the nick of time. Recently, grocery stores have capitalized on this new demand and more grocery delivery apps are springing up each day.
To stay on top of the competition, it is essential to create a very convenient and seamless experience for shoppers. Thus, there is a pertinent need for an on-demand grocery delivery app where consumers can order groceries from the comfort of their homes.
Building a delivery app for groceries involves taking note of shoppers’ needs and incorporating them into the app. Emphasis must be placed on user experience in order to ensure that shoppers stay on the app and use it. In the same vein, grocery store owners could also partner with delivery agencies in order to ensure that the ordered items are delivered swiftly.
Here are some essential features which an Uber grocery delivery app must contain:
- Registration panels
- An online menu and catalog
- A search bar for customers to find items
- Seamless payment options
- Ratings and reviews
These features would help to boost user experience and equally ensure that all transactions are seamless and swift.
To find out more about how to build an on-demand grocery delivery app, click here.
How to Build an On-demand Grocery Delivery App for Your Business
With the constant expansion of the grocery retail industry, experts have predicted that by 2020, there will be an increase in competition amongst grocery stores. Grocery stores are more likely to offer competitive prices and incorporate new trends such as online delivery services in order to drive sales.
Thus, grocery store owners must employ certain strategies in order to enhance customer experience and stay on top of the game. Based on current consumer demands, on-demand grocery delivery app are the newest trend to infiltrate the grocery retail industry. Hence, retailers should utilize this trend and focus on developing user-friendly delivery apps in order to provide shoppers with a more convenient shopping experience.